OSB Community Bank was established as a mutual institution August 21, 1871 under the name Ottawa Building Homestead and Savings Association. Business was initially conducted over a jewelry store and later at 120 West Madison Street. In 1959, we moved to our present location at 925 LaSalle Street, and in 1996, the name of the bank was changed to Ottawa Savings Bank. On December 31, 2014 we acquired Twin Oaks Savings Bank and its two branch locations in Marseilles and Morris.
In 2005 we converted to an MHC Structure with minority public ownership, a structure we maintained until October 12, 2016 when we became a fully converted stock savings bank traded on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol OTTW. On June 30, 2020 we withdrew registration of our common stock with the SEC under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and voluntarily delisted our shares from the NASDAQ. On July 1, 2020 our shares began trading on the OTCQX market under our same OTTW symbol.
On September 27, 2021 we converted the Bank's charter from that of a federal savings institution to that of a state of Illinois-charted commercial bank in order to best position the Bank to compete in the markets we serve and to further execute our business strategy. In conjunction with the charter conversion, the name of the Bank was changed to OSB Community Bank, to better reflect the breadth of the communities we serve.
We strive to maintain the family-oriented roots of our beginnings, while maximizing the services we offer and providing the facilities with which to serve our customers effectively. We will continue to keep pace with the growth of the communities we serve and to meet the ever changing needs of new residents and our dedicated customer base.